Lead Educator (Level 3+)
We are a fast moving start-up, recently launched our first site in Stoke Newington. With investment & ambitious expansion plans to open up other spaces across the city over the next 12 months, it’s a great time to be joining the N Family.
If you’re excited about helping us build it - we’d love to hear from you.
About the role
Educators at N have the most important job of all – caring for our most influential customers: the children.
At N, we’re lucky enough to be building everything from scratch. Our brand-new 90-capacity nursery will be fitted with all-new facilities and the finest educational tools around.
Our Lead Educators have overall responsibility for the rooms the manage. This is the first step on the N Leadership programme and stepping stone to other leadership roles within the company.
Your role is to get the most out of the team you manage, providing regular feedback and ensuring the highest standards of teaching and care are delivered at all times.
Day-to-day you’ll be provided ‘freedom within a framework’, autonomy to plan your day, with support and guidance from some of the leading minds in Early Years education.
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for all of the education activities within your room
- Administering all the activities within your rooms including daily team meetings
- Team coaching, feedback and development
- Innovating with activities and constantly challenging your children’s learning and development
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships with parents
- Promoting child welfare and ensure safeguarding procedures are followed
- Assisting with nursery events - including summer and christmas parties
- Working a flexible shift pattern within the opening hours (7am-7pm)
- Passionate and positive (always see the glass half full)
- Driven by a ‘make it happen’ attitude
- A love for customer service (making people happy)
- High energy brought to every task you take on, and solution driven approach to problems
Min 2 years’ relevant experience
NVQ Level 2 or above
We have a fantastic work environment that enthusiastically encourages creativity, growth and autonomy. Benefits include;
- Market leading salary
- Real career progression, lots of opportunities for career progression as we expand
- You’ll be in the first intake into the N Academy which will put you on track for an EY degree
- Round the world ticket and 3 weeks paid leave after five years
- Access to the N Family Club with onsite fitness (yoga, pilates, cardio) and other member activities
- Bonus & share scheme
- Great team spirit, events and socials